Monday, July 28, 2008

Road Trip for iPod

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the receiver unfortunately does not have a hookup so I use an FM transmitter. Particularly the Road Trip. It costs around $70 and can be purchased at Best Buy, Circuit City, and I'm sure several other electronic stores. It's definitely better than the Harmon Kardon I had before, but could be better. I know that I'll probably never get super high sound quality out of an fm transmitter, but would like to see some improvements in the future. My signal always gets overpowered by satellite radio users. Why can't a product for iPods be as strong as satellite radio signals?

The Road Trip is also slightly compatible with the new 3g iPhone. The support however is not there. It will play music just fine, but cannot really support it so you'll have to either use some sort of rubber band, or don't take fast turns. I still use my iPod Nano in the car since it fits so well, but would like to be able to use my iPhone. There is supposed to be a product made specifially for the iPhone which is the iTrip Auto by Griffin. I haven't had the chance to pick one up but probably will be doing so in the near future.

No comments: